According to Gartner “Failure to migrate to new quantum-safe cryptographic algorithms can leave application and data security at risk of compromise. Security and risk management leaders must prepare for “harvest now, decrypt later” attacks by merging cryptographic upkeep with DevSecOps.” 1
Utimaco welcomes and suggests reading this report as we support the importance of crypto agility in the development of our products. Our HSMs are already designed with crypto-agility in mind and are field upgradeable with NIST and BSI recommended PQC algorithms.
Get complimentary access to the Gartner report and learn more about
- An introduction to post-quantum cryptography and the NIST standardization process
- Recommendations for securing your data and applications in the post-quantum era
- The three phases of activity identified by Gartner to achieve crypto agility
- Step-by-step approach for making crypto agility a devops process
- Recommendations for data security actions based on their life cycle
1) Source: Gartner, Preparing for the Quantum World With Crypto-Agility, Mark Horvath, Brian Lowans, Joerg Fritsch, 2 September 2022
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.