Securing Sensitive Identities, Keys and Data in Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) Computing Platforms
- Designed for blockchain-based solutions
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified HSM
- Provides certified blockchain-related algorithms
- Integrated DLT support
- Includes a software simulator for evaluation and integration testing
Block-safe - The specialized HSM for Securing Sensitive Assets in Blockchain Processes
UTIMACO Block-safe was designed to meet the unique requirements for blockchain-based solutions.
The strong protection requirements of blockchain-specific elliptic curves are based on its capability to securely store and manage the encryption keys for key derivation - the public key generation in blockchain processes - inside the secure boundaries of the HSM.
Block-safe effectively secures sensitive identities, keys and data used in distributed ledger technology (DLT) computing platforms with the aim to reduce time to completion, even in complex ecosystems.
Block-safe provides unrivaled physical and logical security for your blockchain processes and sensitive assets used on the blockchain-based computing platforms on unrivaled key generation and key derivation executed within the tamper-resistant and FIPS 140-2 Level 3 compliant HSM.
The included support for Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) platforms enables reliable transaction validation and storing.
Block-safe complies with the latest regulations being enforced in Play like FINRA, ATS, 5AMLD and FSB and therefore can be utilized for various use cases in different industries like cross-border or interbanking transactions, KYC, or registry as well as for cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
As it comes with integration software supporting various industry standards it is highly flexible. Therefore, it can be easily integrated into an existing cryptographic environment as well as with third party applications like Public Key Infrastructures (PKIs) or Ethereum. In addition, Block-safe comes with the dedicated simulator for flexible customization.
Block-safe is available as SeGen 2 and CSe series.
Block-safe - Using Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to Protect Sensitive Data & Keys
Certified built-in Blockchain related algorithms, e.g.
Necessary fingerprint requirement for public key address generation
Provides consensus signing and verification using MultiSign & BLS
Highest physical and logical security
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 compliant HSM
- Post-Quantum safe Dual TRNG + PRNG entropy source
- NIST SP800-90 compliant RNG
- Asymmetric Key derivations including BIP-32, BIP-44, SLIP-010, NIST SP800-108, ECDSA (NIST SP800-56A), DSA (ANSI X9.42)
- MultiSig & Boneh–Lynn–Shacham (BLS) signing algorithm
- Provides a speed of up to 10,000 RSA per second
- Allows up to 6,000 ECDSA signing operations in bulk processing mode
Supported Cryptographic Algorithms
- RSA, DSA, ECDSA with NIST and Brainpool curves
- DH, ECDH with NIST and Brainpool curves
- AES, Triple-DES, DES
- MAC, CMAC, HMAC
- SHA-1, SHA2-Family, SHA3, RIPEMD
Supported Cryptographic Interfaces (APIs)
- PKCS #11
- Microsoft Crypto API (CSP)
- Microsoft Cryptography Next Generation (CNG)
- Microsoft SQL Extensible Key Management (SQLEKM)
- JCE interface
- eXtended services Interface (CXI) - Utimaco‘s high performance cryptographic interface
Extensive Management Functionalities
- Role based access control (RBAC) with multi-factor authentication
- Extensive key management
- 2-factor authentication with smartcards
- “m of n” authentication
- Remote management
Software simulator included
- HSM Simulator with all Block-safe functionalities
- Fully functional runtime including all administration and configuration tools
- For evaluation, development, and integration testing of functionalities before their integration in the firmware of your Block-safe HSM
Highly Flexible Integration Options
- Integration software included
- Third party integrable
- Provides support for several models for HA redundancy and performance scalability
- Provides DLT platform support
- Possibility to develop own sensitive codes and IPs by utilizing Utimaco Software Development Kit (SDK)
Centrally Manage cryptographic resources including Atalla and CryptoServer LAN V5 HSMs with u.trust 360.