Highly secure, reliable, and accurate timestamps
- Reliable proof of the existence and the status of documents and electronic records at a specific point in time
- Generation and usage of the timestamp key inside the tamper protected HSM
- For all use cases requiring proof of time, e. g. lottery, gambling, eTender and service level agreements
TimestampServer - Highly secure, reliable, and accurate timestamps
The proof that a document or electronic record existed, or an event occurred, at a specific point in time is crucial for traceability in and trustworthiness of numerous business applications.
TimestampServer integrates your choice of Hardware Security Module from Utimaco’s family of FIPS certified HSMs. The HSM reliably protects your timestamping keys against disclosure and manipulation. Its integrated high quality random number generator ensures the uniqueness of the timestamping keys and ensures an attacker cannot forge timestamps by guessing keys.
TimestampServer meets the requirements of recognized policy specifications like ETSI TS 102 023 “Policy Requirements for Timestamping Authorities” and TS 101 861 “Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI); Timestamping profile”. Designed for operation in datacenters, it combines the ease of use that are achieved by remote monitoring and remote management with high reliability and redundancy of hardware components.
This makes TimestampServer the appropriate solution for notary systems and land records by the combination of a (qualified) signature and a timestamp proof possession of a good, documents management and archiving systems that track the creation or archival date of documents as well as long-term archiving solutions where authenticity of documents is kept up to date over time by applying new timestamps in regular intervals, even in case the previous signatures are not secure anymore.
TimestampServer can also be used for eTender and eAuction platforms where the validity of a quotation or a bid depends on its timely submission as for lottery and online betting where the prize can only be granted to lottery tickets that have been submitted before closing time. Additionally, it provides the solution for use cases requiring traceability of timely reaction to an incident in critical infrastructures e. g. support and ticketing systems.
High security for the most valuable assets of your organization
- Secure generation, storage, and usage of keys inside the tamper protected HSM
- High-quality true random number generator to ensure uniqueness of keys
- Configurable role-based access control and separation of functions
- 2-factor authentication with smartcards
- “m of n” quorum authentication
Supported cryptographic algorithms
- RSA, key length up to 8,192 bits
- Hash algorithms SHA-1, SHA2, SHA3, RIPEMD-160, MD5
Supported application interfaces
- RFC 3161 timestamp protocol via HTTP or TCP, IPv4 and IPv6 network protocol
- CryptoServer Timestamp API for general TimestampServer administration
- PKCS #10 and PKCS #7 for request and import of TimestampServer certificates
Accurate time stamps
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) for synchronization with external time server
- Integrated GPS receiver or DCF77 receiver as optional hardware extension
Compliance with various security requirements
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3
- Available also with FIPS 140-2 Level 4 physical security
- ETSI Technical Specification TS 102 023 “Policy Requirements for Timestamping Authorities”
- ETSI Technical Specification TS 101 861 “Time stamping profile”
Designed for continuous datacenter operations
- Redundant field-replaceable power supply
- Redundant field-replaceable fans
- Remote management incl. remote software updates
u.trust 360 is a hardware and software based management platform enabling centralized administration, monitoring and provisioning for Atalla AT1000 and CryptoServer LAN V5 HSMs.