Protecting files and folders that contain sensitive data
Data encryption describes the process of transforming data into another form, using cryptographic encryption algorithms and encryption keys. It ensures that only people with correspondent access rights can decrypt, and read the data.
By using file and folder encryption software, organizations ensure that personal data remains protected from unauthorized internal access and sensitive, business-critical data is protected against malicious external attacks. In addition, an effective encryption solution with role-based access control helps to fulfill data protection regulations and requirements such as GDPR.
Since there are different encryption solutions available on the market, here are some aspects companies should consider when choosing a long-term file and folder encryption solution:
- Does it provide appropriate evidence to fulfill (local) compliance rules?
- Is it possible to define role-based access rights?
- Does it come with different permission rights for network and security officers?
- Does the encryption process have an impact on the employees’ work routine?
- Does it work on all platforms and different devices?
- Does it protect data at rest and data in motion?
Is your organization searching for an encryption solution that checks all these boxes and accomplishes all individual security policies?
Significantly mitigate risk by putting your trust in experts - Utimaco provides a reliable file and folder encryption solution that protects personal, sensitive and business-critical data.