Generate, store, manage and maintain cryptographic keys in a secure environment
Many business areas, including banks, the automotive industry as well as governments are increasingly leveraging a hybrid cloud strategy for the purpose of improving their service offering, cost performance and to increase agility and time-to-market. In a hybrid cloud, companies can blend the best of local data centers and cloud infrastructures, including service mash-ups.
Prerequisite to a hybrid cloud strategy is the customers’ independence of a specific cloud service provider and the uncompromisable protection of data privacy with regard to third parties.
Encryption of sensitive data brings resilience against data breaches as well as compliance with relevant standards and regulations. A bring-your-own-key strategy (BYOK) allows to securely orchestrate services and data flows across multiple clouds and countries, including the customers local data centers.
Combining HSM security with multi-cloud flexibility provides;
- ‘cloud neutral’ provisioning and control of encryption keys
- ideal for businesses that have a global reach with a requirement to offer their services in multiple regions, countries and multiple cloud locations (cloud mashup)
- a built-in Bring-Your-Own-Key (BYOK) process, keeping companies in control of their data and avoiding vendor lock-in with Cloud Service Providers
- an additional level of defence against data breaches and compliance with sovereignty regulations by separation of keys and data
- a centralized point to manage keys across heterogeneous products.