The IT Stack Engineer job is a technical job to manage day-to-day operations in cloud/data centres, primarily in regard to setup, configuration, and operations of virtualization layer, hardware, firewall, proxy, load balancers, IDS, and operating systems.
IT Stack Engineer works closely with Design Architects, Service Design Specialists, Application Engineers, and Second Level Support Engineers, and can have expertise/focus areas towards the network. IT Stack Engineers help in handling service requests, changes, incidents, and in problem management. IT Stack Engineers have responsibility for operations of the virtualization layer, hardware, firewall, and operating systems. In addition, IT Stack Engineers manage both physical and logical access to configuration items and help in documenting cloud and data centre routines.
Important skills for the IT Stack Engineer are advanced technical and IT Stack knowledge of services provided by Service Delivery & Operations, as well as service management knowledge. More specifically, knowledge of virtualization (VMware), operating systems (Linux and MS), hardware configuration and installation and complex software/infrastructure solutions are required.
- Identify improvements in setup, capacity expansion etc.
- Perform health checks and maintenance of infrastructure
- Support Cloud & DC Manager with information to be used in capacity planning
- Inform DC & Cloud Manager and PMO (for projects) when unplanned work will impact planned work
- Maintain CMDB and knowledge base in